The Mango is not only a great tasting fruit, but is also good for your health:
Following links highlight virtues of Mango as a Fruit:
- The Mango is an excellent source of Fiber- about 40% of the
fiber in the Mango is soluble, mainly pectin.
- The Mango is an excellent source of Vitamin A, Vitamin C and
- The Mango contains a wide variety of carotenoids, including
beta carotene and other phytonutrients.
- 1/2 cup of sliced mango contains about 13 grams effective
carbohydrate, 4 grams of fiber and 135 calories.
- The Mango's Glycemic index ranges from 41 to 60 and is
different for different varieties of Mango.
Carbs Count for Mangoes
Mangoes good for diabetes and prediabetes